Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
16:12 21st Feb, 2017
YouTube To Stop Serving 30 Second Unskippable Ads
According to a report, the move will come in effect next year.
YouTube started off as an alternative to conventional television. It turned out to be an instant hit since it lacked obtrusive adverts. However, after acquiring it in 2014, Google started experimenting with the revenue model. Soon, YouTube started hosting video ads before the content. In a few months, these ads became unskippable. Ironically, in a few years after its inception YouTube started forcing video adverts on the viewers just like the conventional TV channels. Of course, people in the US can opt for YouTube Red subscription for $10. But for most of the world, unskippable ads have been consistently ruining the YouTube experience. The only bright spot here is that according to a report, YouTube too understands that its viewers are not very font of unskippable ads. If campaignlive.co.uk is believed, the search engine giant is planning to remove ads in 2018.
It is said that YouTube will be replacing unskippable 30-second pre-video ads with shorter formats. A YouTube spokesperson said that, "We're committed to providing a better ads experience for users online. As part of that, we've decided to stop supporting 30-second unskippable ads as of 2018 and focus instead on formats that work well for both users and advertisers."
There's no doubt that the viewers will be pleased by the move. However, for advertisers, this means that they will have to shell out more money for shorter ads.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance