00:46 17th Oct, 2012
BlackBerry Outage Continues to Disappoint | TechTree.com
BlackBerry Outage Continues to Disappoint
Downtime leaves customers outraged.
Another BlackBerry outage has left its customers restless and agitated. The BB server has been down since Monday, making it one of the longest disruptions the service has faced. As of this writing, services have still not resumed, with only brief periods of uptime. This has left BB users cheesed off, as the service is not free and it is unlikely that they will get compensated for the downtime. RIM has acknowledged the problem and simply stated that it is working on it. A spokesperson from the company explained that the system was supposed to automatically switch to a backup, but failed to do so. Reports from CNET.com claim that the outage has affected the Middle-East, Africa, India, Brazil, Chile, Argentina, and Europe, as a result of a core network switch failure in the system.
This comes at an inopportune time for the smartphone manufacturer, which has found itself facing stiff competition from rivals such as Apple and Samsung. Customers have already started posting their frustration on their Facebook Walls as well as Twitter accounts. As usual, several are also threatening to switch services (though it is unlikely that they will actually do so). In the meantime, iOS and Android users are grinning from ear to ear.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance