13:58 12th Jan, 2017
Reliance May Soon Launch 4G VoLTE Phones Under Rs 1,500 | TechTree.com
Reliance May Soon Launch 4G VoLTE Phones Under Rs 1,500
These phones may not be smartphones in nature, but will support most features of Jio.
Phones are getting cheaper day by day. But how about a 4G VoLTE phones for under Rs 1,500? Well, it looks like Reliance Jio is about to reach that stage.
According to wide spread reports and claims, Jio is expected to launch low-priced handsets with 4G VoLTE support and free calls (just as we are using now) for under Rs 1,500. In-fact, the price may range from Rs 999 to Rs 1,500.
This definitely reminds us of the original phones that were launched by Reliance way back in 2001 under ‘Karlo Duniya Mutthi Mein’ scheme. However, it is worth noting that these under Rs 1,500 phones may be feature phones with mere 4G VoLTE support and not smartphones as you may think of.
However, while the cheapest 4G VoLTE phone is currently priced somewhere around Rs 3,000, this definitely is impressive for most of the country’s rural population.
If at all this move by Reliance turns out to be true, then it will definitely sync in-line with the request that was recently made by the Indian government to produce phones under Rs 2,000 price tag.
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals
- Europe may require all phone manufacturers to use USB-C charging
- Amazon Announces Prime Video Channels – A Video Entertainment Marketplace in India