Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
20:51 11th Jan, 2017
China Won't Allow Pokemon GO Over Security Concerns
The Chinese government sees the game as a threat to national security.
Last year's most popular mobile game, Pokemon GO is still not officially available in China. And according to a latest report from Reuters, the title is unlikely to release any time soon as the Chinese government has decided to evaluate the security risk involving the (Augmented Reality) AR apps.
The location based game encourages players to go out and capture virtual Pokemons scattered across the map. Unfortunately, the addictive game caused fatal accidents involving many engrossed players falling to their death. Security experts have also expressed concerns over the possible data collection. Another reason behind blocking the release is said to be Poekmon GO's dependency on Google Maps. For those not in the know, search-giant's mapping service too has already been blocked in China.
According to China's State Administration of Press, Publication, Radio, Film and Television, such games could be "a high level of responsibility to national security and the safety of people's lives and property,". It further added that the censor is evaluating the game's risks.
TAGS: Pokemon GO
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow