14:01 11th Jan, 2017
Samsung Launches Gear S3 Smartwatch In India
The smartwatch comes in two variants; one stylish and another rugged.
Samsung has recently launched its new smartwatch, the Gear S3 in India, for a price tag of Rs 28,500. Available in two variants - Classic and Frontier, the new smartwatch by Samsung is available for pre-booking. The Samsung Gear S3 will be shipped starting this January 18.
Running on TIzen operating system, the Gear S3 comes with a circular bezel and sports IP68 certification protecting the watch from water and dust.
On the technical end, the Gear S3 comes with 1.3 inch super AMOLED full circular display with 360x360 pixels resolution. A Corning Gorilla Glass SR+ protects the display screen.
The smartwatch is also said to be powered by 1 GHz dual core processor with 768 MB of RAM and 4 GB of internal storage, while a 380 mAh battery keeps the watch running for at least four days on a single charge.
Now, speaking about the two different variants of Gear S3, it is important to note that Classic is designed for a subtle and stylish appearance while the Frontier is the rugged variant which is touted by the company to survive high and low temperatures. Gear S3 Frontier is also claimed to operate at altitudes of up to 15,000 feet.
The smartwatch also features GPS, NFC, built-in speaker, barometer, speedometer, and an SOS option.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones