23:48 07th Oct, 2012
Tata DOCOMO GSM Prepaid Subscribers Can Now Recharge Their Balance Via Twitter
TwittCom service also enables Value-Added Services through a simple process.
There are several means available these days for prepaid mobile subscribers to recharge their phone balance, right from online recharges and top-up cards to eWallet services. Now, Tata DOCOMO has come up with a unique way to let its GSM users recharge their account balances and activate value added services via tweets and hashtags. Using the Twittcom service, users can register their numbers using the company's Twitter handle (@tatadocomo), followed by "#reg" (without quotes) and your mobile number.
Once complete, the subscribers will receive a pin code for verification via SMS, after which they should key in @tatadocomo #code followed by the pin code via Twitter. Once the proces is complete, they will receive a retweet confirming their registration. For activating value-added services through Twitter, the subscriber must type @tatadocomo #act# <Service><value>. Once active, they will receive a confirmatory tweet once the service has been activated. Let's hope this works as well as the company claims.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance