Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
01:29 30th Dec, 2016
Amazon Takes On OLX By Launching Pre-Owned Product Marketplace
The used product selling service is currently live in Bangalore.
Amazon is testing the waters in the used product category. The company has already started pilot in Bangalore where users can post the ad for their old products. With this move, Amazon is directly competing with the segment leaders such as OLX and Quikr.
To beat the competition, Amazon is betting on its extensive service network. While OLX is limited to showcasing your products, the American company is willing to ship your product to buyers. All you need to do is list your product with proper images on Amazon's new 'Sell' platform. If someone makes a purchase, Amazon will pick-up the product from you and deliver it to the buyer. What's more, if the buyer changes his mind, Amazon will ship it back to you for no additional cost.
The company will charge Rs 10 for every items that cost less than Rs 1000. If your product's selling price is under Rs 5000, you will have to pay Rs 50 to Amazon. If the transaction is of Rs 5000 or more, the e-commerce website's cut will be Rs 100. You can sell products from multiple categories such as mobiles, books, fashion jewellery, tablets, watches, laptops, and video games.
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers
- LAVA Launches Z71 with Dedicated Google Assistant Key
- Detel launches Amaze – Truly Wireless Bluetooth Speaker in India
- Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ crosses One million users
- Fujifilm India unfold its innovation prowess by showcasing Photo Imaging Product Portfolio at CEIF 2020
- DOLBY RAISES THE BAR FOR IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCES AT CES 2020