Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
01:29 30th Dec, 2016
Amazon Takes On OLX By Launching Pre-Owned Product Marketplace
The used product selling service is currently live in Bangalore.
Amazon is testing the waters in the used product category. The company has already started pilot in Bangalore where users can post the ad for their old products. With this move, Amazon is directly competing with the segment leaders such as OLX and Quikr.
To beat the competition, Amazon is betting on its extensive service network. While OLX is limited to showcasing your products, the American company is willing to ship your product to buyers. All you need to do is list your product with proper images on Amazon's new 'Sell' platform. If someone makes a purchase, Amazon will pick-up the product from you and deliver it to the buyer. What's more, if the buyer changes his mind, Amazon will ship it back to you for no additional cost.
The company will charge Rs 10 for every items that cost less than Rs 1000. If your product's selling price is under Rs 5000, you will have to pay Rs 50 to Amazon. If the transaction is of Rs 5000 or more, the e-commerce website's cut will be Rs 100. You can sell products from multiple categories such as mobiles, books, fashion jewellery, tablets, watches, laptops, and video games.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance