09:10 22nd Dec, 2016
BSNL Announces Email Service And DataMail App In 8 Indian Languages | TechTree.com
BSNL Announces Email Service And DataMail App In 8 Indian Languages
This service is currently available only for those who have subscribed for a BSNL Broadband connection.
Following the Digital India dream, BSNL has recently announced free email address service in eight Indian languages to all its broadband users.
Being known as DataMail, the email service existed before as well, but now it seems the introduction of support for eight Indian languages and also smartphone app for DataMail is pretty interesting.
Now BSNL broadband users will be able to open an email ID in DataMail service in their own language, according to a recent press release.
“Providing the linguistic email address is one of its kind initiative in the world to achieve our Prime Ministers Vision of Digital India. It's now possible in every part of India to have an email address in their own language and communicate in preferred language”, said Anupam Shrivastav, Managing Director, BSNL.
“The linguistic email service offered by BSNL will have डाटावन.भारत (DataOne.Bharat) domain and email address will be offered in eight regional languages including Hindi (हिन्दी), Gujarati (ગુજરાતી), Urdu (اردو), Punjabi (ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਦੇ), Tamil (தமிழ்), Telugu (తెలుగు), Bengali (বাংলা) and Marathi (मराठी). DataMail is free to be downloaded from any Android or iOS system through their respective play store” announced N. K Gupta – Director CFA, BSNL in his statement.
In order to use this service, you will have to first register for a BSNL broadband connection, and then download the app from either Google Play Store or App Store. Then, upon opening up the app, you may have to select your desired language, insert your mobile number, and follow the instructions on screen. You can soon start using.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals