Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
19:36 15th Dec, 2016
Netflix Strikes A Deal With Bollywood Star Shah Rukh Khan
Under this deal, Shah Rukh's movies will be exclusively available on Netflix.
The video streaming subscription business is still in its nascent stage in India. Yet, the race for supremacy in this emerging segment is already heating up. Just yesterday, Amazon launched its Prime Video streaming service in India. The e-commerce company will compete with Netflix and Hotstar. Amazon is off to a flying start thanks to aggressive pricing. Its yearly subscription costs Rs 499. In comparison, Netflix charges Rs 500 per month.
To counter this move, Netflix has sealed a deal with the Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan. Making an announcement, Netflix India tweeted this: "We are now the global home to the biggest Indian film star @iamsrk".
With the new deal, all the movies under Shah Rukh's production house Red Chillies will be exclusively available on Netflix. This also includes future releases for the next three years. Needless to say, SRK is one of the biggest draw for the Indian audience. However, it will be interesting to see if that's enough to offset the huge pricing difference between the two services.
- Philips 3.1 and 2.1 Channel Soundbars with Wireless Subwoofer launched
- Sony India launches a digital voice recorder ICD-UX570F
- Amazon Launches Fire TV Edition Smart TVs in India with Onida
- Supercharge Radeon Gameplay with AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition
- BOSE AR EXPERIENCES NOW AVAILABLE IN THE OFFICIAL STAR WARS APP
- Nokia 7.1 joins Nokia 9 PureView and Nokia 8.1 on Android 10
- HiFuture unveils Olymbuds, the Most Comfortable True Wireless Earbuds in India today at just Rs. 3,999/-
- Sennheiser Launches Momentum Headphones for Rs.34,990
- Launching FINGERS Chic Dual.D Wireless Neckband earphone
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband