Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
18:34 14th Dec, 2016
Amazon Prime Video Lands In India With Agressive Pricing
The e-commerce giant's streaming service costs only Rs 499 a year.
Amazon has finally launched its Netflix competitor in India. Dubbed Amazon Prime, this video streaming service offers large catalogue Bollywood, Hollywood, and regional content. The e-commerce giant has also started production of multiple Indian original shows. To give you an idea, Amazon Prime Video will let you watch movies such as Sultan, Kabali, and Batman vs Superman – Dawn of Justice.
Moving on to the TV shows, you get access to the smash hit The Grand Tour, Mr. Robot, The Night Manager, and Lethal Weapon. If you prefer Hindi shows, you will be able to stream CID and Crime Patrol too. In addition to English and Hindi, Prime Video will also offer regional content in Tamil, Telugu, Bengali and Marathi. The company's upcoming original shows include Prasoon Joshi's Bodhidharma and Farhan Akhtar's Powerplay, which stars Vivek Oberoi. Anurag Kashyap will also create a series named Stardust. Amazon has partnered with major studios such as Yash Raj Films, Dharma Productions, T-Series, Excel, Warner, Paramount, CBS, Everest, SVF, Green Gold, TV Asahi, Lionsgate, NDTV, and CBeebies to bring you the fresh content.
The service will be accessible on plethora devices including the Android phones, iPhones, iPads, smart TVs, gaming consoles such as the Xbox One, and a desktop browser. The best part about the service is that Amazon has priced it at only Rs 499 for a year. That's around 40 rupees per month. There's even a 30 days trial period for you to make up your mind. The smartphone and tablet app will feature download option. This will enable you to watch the shows in offline mode. Needless to say, it will help you save on data charges.
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch