Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
18:34 14th Dec, 2016
Amazon Prime Video Lands In India With Agressive Pricing | TechTree.com
Amazon Prime Video Lands In India With Agressive Pricing
The e-commerce giant's streaming service costs only Rs 499 a year.
Amazon has finally launched its Netflix competitor in India. Dubbed Amazon Prime, this video streaming service offers large catalogue Bollywood, Hollywood, and regional content. The e-commerce giant has also started production of multiple Indian original shows. To give you an idea, Amazon Prime Video will let you watch movies such as Sultan, Kabali, and Batman vs Superman – Dawn of Justice.
Moving on to the TV shows, you get access to the smash hit The Grand Tour, Mr. Robot, The Night Manager, and Lethal Weapon. If you prefer Hindi shows, you will be able to stream CID and Crime Patrol too. In addition to English and Hindi, Prime Video will also offer regional content in Tamil, Telugu, Bengali and Marathi. The company's upcoming original shows include Prasoon Joshi's Bodhidharma and Farhan Akhtar's Powerplay, which stars Vivek Oberoi. Anurag Kashyap will also create a series named Stardust. Amazon has partnered with major studios such as Yash Raj Films, Dharma Productions, T-Series, Excel, Warner, Paramount, CBS, Everest, SVF, Green Gold, TV Asahi, Lionsgate, NDTV, and CBeebies to bring you the fresh content.
The service will be accessible on plethora devices including the Android phones, iPhones, iPads, smart TVs, gaming consoles such as the Xbox One, and a desktop browser. The best part about the service is that Amazon has priced it at only Rs 499 for a year. That's around 40 rupees per month. There's even a 30 days trial period for you to make up your mind. The smartphone and tablet app will feature download option. This will enable you to watch the shows in offline mode. Needless to say, it will help you save on data charges.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals