15:40 14th Dec, 2016
Lenovo Unveils The Slim And Portable Yoga Book Convertible Laptop
It comes with interesting features such as the Instant Halo Keyboard and Dual-Use Stylus.
Lenovo latest laptop combines portability and multitasking capabilities in a single package. Dubbed as the Yoga Book, it has been claimed as the thinnest and lightest 2-in-1 device in the world by the manufacturer. Thanks to its unique design, the Yoga Book can transform between the tablet and laptop mode without breaking sweat. Lenovo's machine features an interesting Halo Keyboard and dual-use stylus accessories.
Instant Halo Keyboard
The Yoga Book’s first productivity feature is also what makes the thin and light design possible. The halo keyboard, a full touchpad backlit keyboard weaves the software and hardware to offer the best possible touch-typing experience. The keyboard lacks physical keys, its virtual buttons are formed by the outline of LED backlights. The keyboard constantly "learns about and adapts to" the typing habits of its user, with built-in prediction and artificial learning software. It comes with haptic technology and vibrating mechanism to replicate the keystroke feedback.
The Dual Use Stylus
The flush surface of the halo keyboard feature also allows for additional usage scenarios when paired with the standard real-pen accessory. Inspired by the simplicity of real notebooks, Yoga Book is testimony that writing with the pen and paper isn't out of the fashion yet. Users can jot down things on a piece of paper clipped to the multi-use keyboard panel. Everything users create, from doodles and drawings to notes, is then instantly digitised and saved with the OneNote app available on Yoga Book with Windows. Roughly the size of a conventional ink pen, the real-pen accessory is powered by Wacom feel IT technologies to work with the state-of-the-art electro-magnetic resonance (EMR) film, which enables this real-time digitisation.
The advantage of the touchpad is is that you can draw without blocking the screen. The real-pen accessory can draw with the precision of a pencil or paintbrush, with 2,048 pressure levels and 100-degree angle detection. In addition, you’ll never have to charge or replace it; the real-pen accessory doesn’t require batteries and its ink can be replaced with standard ink tips, just like your good old ball pens.
Yoga Book brings work and play into one device through the Book UI. It enables users to run and manage multiple apps simultaneously. This additional new workload seems relatively well handled by the Yoga Book’s Intel Atom X5 processor and 4 GB of memory. I wish Lenovo had used a more powerful processor. Moving on to the software platform, the Yoga Book runs Windows 10 Pro.
“Today, consumers no longer separate their activities into productivity and entertainment and Lenovo believes devices should adapt to the evolving usage trends to blend everything together,” said Bhaskar Choudhuri, Director of Marketing, Lenovo India, “The Yoga Book takes a fresh look at what the consumer seeks, without being limited by the existing categories of devices or the need to be within the boundaries of one of those form factors. We are sure it will redefine the computing space and offer traditional notebook, 2-in-1 and tablet buyers a first-of-its-kind option that matches their lifestyle”.
- Dimensions : 256.6mm x 9.6mm x 170.8 mm
- Weight : 690 g
- Operating system: Windows 10 Pro
- Colours : Carbon Black
Processor and hardware specifications
- Memory : 4 GB LPDDR3 , 64 GB ROM
- Card slot : microSD; Supports Up to 128 GB
- Processor : Intel Atom x5-Z8550 Processor (2M Cache, Quad-Core, Up to 2.4 GHz)
- Sound : Dolby Audio Premium
- Battery : 8500 m Ah Li – ion, upto 13 hours
- Size: 25.6cm (10.1 “) Full HD IPS
- Color Depth : 16.7 Million Color
- Gamut : 70% Brightness : 400 nits
- Touch On Screen : Capacitive Touch with AnyPen Technology
- Create Pad : Capacitive Touch and EMR Pen Technology
- Material : Magnesium Aluminum Alloy
SIM and Camera
SIM type :Nano Sim card
Slots : Single Slot
In terms of the camera, the rear is an 8 MP Auto focus device, and the Front camera happens to be a 2 MP Fixed-Focus one.
Among some of the sensors used, there is the Vibrator, G-Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor, Hall Sensor, and the GPS. For connectivity, the device has Global Standard LTE-SKU, 2G, 3G WCDMA, 3G TD-SCDMA, 4G LTE, and WLAN : WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac;
Pricing and availability: Rs. 49,990. The device will be available on Flipkart beginning today (December 13th, 2016). However, Bhaskar Choudhuri also added, that depending on the supply and demand of the product in the market, the Yoga 2-in-1 could be in the retail stores and other online channels for sale.
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-