Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
15:21 09th Dec, 2016
Microsoft Completes The $26.2 Billion LinkedIn Acquisition
The software giant will prioritise LinkedIn’s growth and Office integration.
After announcing the deal back in June, Microsoft has completed the LinkedIn acquisition. Microsoft's CEO, Satya Nadella, who hails from India, has splurged $26.2 Billion on a professional networking platform that nobody cares about. As a result of the deal, LinkedIn CEO, Jeff Weiner will report to Satya Nadella.
Microsoft's priority will be to accelerate LinkedIn’s growth. Additionally, the company will be looking at the following integration scenarios:
- LinkedIn identity and network in Microsoft Outlook and the Office suite
- LinkedIn notifications within the Windows action center
- Enabling members drafting resumes in Word to update their profiles
- Extending the reach of Sponsored Content across Microsoft properties
- Enterprise LinkedIn Lookup powered by Active Directory and Office 365
- LinkedIn Learning available across the Office 365 and Windows ecosystem
- Developing a business news desk across our content ecosystem and MSN.com
- Redefining social selling through the combination of Sales Navigator and Dynamics 365
Let us hope this integration won't enhance the spam emails from Linkedin. Many industry experts believe that Microsoft is shelling out the huge amount to get access to the millions of CVs as it prepares to become the biggest HR in the industry. On his post on LinkedIn, Satya Nadella stated, "Today I am even more enthusiastic about the common mission and sense of purpose we share, the similarities in our cultures, and the added value we can create for LinkedIn members, to help professionals transform how they work, realize new career opportunities and connect in new ways."
On a side note, Microsoft's previous deal, the acquisition of Nokia's devices division didn't go well. The Redmond company had to fire thousands of employees and write off the deal from the books.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones