17:05 07th Dec, 2016
Micromax Launches Two New Entry Level Smartphones
Both these smartphones come with Google Duo and Reliance Jio SIM pre-bundled.
Home grown smartphone company Micromax has recently announced the launch of two new smartphones that come with price tags under INR 5,000 range, under the new series ‘Vdeo’.
Both the smartphones come under partnership with Google and Reliance Jio. Aimed at reviving the affordable smartphone segment and popularising the video calling experience, the Micromax Vdeo range is country’s one of the most affordable 4G VoLTE smartphone with pre-loaded Google Duo app.
On the other hand, these smartphones come with a pre bundled Reliance Jio SIM, which offers three months of unlimited free data and voice calling option to all the Vdeo users.
Priced at INR 4,440 and INR 4,990 respectively, Micromax Vdeo 1 and Vdeo 2 come with 4G VoLTE, Android Marshmallow, and metal backcover.
Commenting on the launch, Mr. Shubhajit Sen, Chief Marketing Officer, Micromax Informatics said, “At Micromax we thrive on our understanding of the Indian consumer, consistently deriving insights and delivering innovative products to the market. 2016 has seen a marked slowdown in the long term trend of Feature Phones users shifting to Smart Phones. Two barriers we identified were perceived high cost of data and a lack of a differentiated mass-use case. With the launch of the Vdeo range we have focused on these issues.”
He also added, “We believe Video calling that is as simple as making a voice call, in a stable environment, will be a strong use case especially in smaller towns. This feature, coupled with free internet connectivity with the pre-bundled Reliance Jio SIM is a compelling proposition that will accelerate the switch from feature phones to Smartphones. Our leadership position and strong brand equity has allowed Micromax, for the first time in the industry, to bring together key players in the eco-system to deliver a complete solution for our consumers.”
Technically speaking, the two variants in Micromax’s Vdeo range, Vdeo 1 & Vdeo 2 feature a 4-inch and 4.5-inch WVGA & FWVGA display, respectively, offering1.3 GHz Quad Core processor and 1 GB of RAM.
The smartphones also sport a 5MP rear camera and a 2 MP front camera, while they come with 8 GB ROM to store all the files, images, and videos. The Vdeo 1 is powered by a 1,600 mAh battery whereas the Vdeo 2 features a larger 1,800 mAh battery.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance