13:06 05th Dec, 2016
Upcoming Apple Watch May Come With A Round Dial
The smartwatch always stuck to its square design, while most other Android watches already have a round dial.
We’ve all known Apple Watch with a square design. But, have you ever imagined it with a circular design, pretty much like a Samsung Gear S2 or S3? Well, that seems to be the latest trend for the Cupertino tech giant.
A recent report from Apple Insider speaks about an Apple patent filing published on Thursday, which hints at a circular dial, rather than its usual square display.
It is being said that the patent application is titled as “Electronic device having display with curved edges” and the designs submitted over there gives a pretty decent view of the possible design of the circular dial.
While Apple has always, so far, stuck to its square design, we have seen circular dial in smartwatch more often than we can imagine.
Starting from Moto 360, every smartwatch that runs on Android, including watches from Huawei, Timex, and Fossil, we have seen circular dials all the way (except the likes of Sony and Pebble).
On a concluding note, though the apple patent suggests at a circular dial, we may not likely see it in 2017. Else, as we know, all patents may not be actually implemented at all! However, only time can tell us.
TAGS: Apple Watch
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-