Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
15:43 11th Nov, 2016
Samsung Gear S3 Smartwatch Launches In South Korea | TechTree.com
Samsung Gear S3 Smartwatch Launches In South Korea
The Tizen based smartwatch will soon rollout in global markets.
Showcased at the IFA 2016, Samsung's Gear S3 is launching today starting from its home country South Korea. This will be followed by release in Australia, Dubai, France, Germany, Singapore, U.K., and U.S. As smartwatch aficionados would already know, the Gear S3 comes in two variants: the elegant Gear 3 Classic and rugged Gear S3 Frontier. You have to give it to the Koreans for designing a smartwatch that actually looks like a watch. So far, most brands including Apple have rolled out terrible looking digital timepieces.
The Gear S3 features a circular bezel. The Tizen based smartwatch lets you customise the watch face and of course comes with plenty of apps. The Gear S3 comes with IP68 certified, which means that it offers complete protection against dust and can withstand water immersion for indefinite time. The smartwatch comes with a built-in GPS, altimeter, and barometer. Samsung claims that the watch can last for up to four days on a single charge.
In countries such as South Korea and US, Samsung will introduce LTE support on the Gear S3 Frontier variant. With wireless network connectivity, users will be able to receive texts, emails, and alerts even when their is phone is not nearby. The Gear S3 features Samsung Pay and is the first wearable with MST (Magnetic Secure Transmission) payment capabilities. This means that users in the US, Australia, and MSingapore, will be able to tap or swipe their credit or debit card and complete the transaction using their Gear S3.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals