11:32 10th Nov, 2016
Samsung Flip Phone Designs Render Online
The smartphone may sport a single display screen with around 21:9 aspect ratio.
It looks like the phrase ‘History Repeats’ pretty much suits the current smartphone industry. Yes, companies are already working foldable phones once again, including the iPhone, if we can completely trust the recent patented design.
However, now, Samsung is one more company to join the club, though their new rendering shows that the concept is a little more advanced.
We have seen everything from curved screens to blasting phones (pun intended), and now, Samsung feels that the next biggest innovation is by repeating history with a little advancement - foldable handsets with a single display screen having an aspect ratio close to 21:9. How tall and narrow the smartphone might be when unfolded, God only knows for now.
However, codenamed as Project Valley smartphone, the device is being marketed under the name Galaxy X, reports GSMArena. The report also includes these images of the smartphone’s 3D rendering.
By observing the 3D renders, we can see that the flip screen pretty much resembles that of the Surface Book laptop by Microsoft. This means that when the smartphone is folded, we cannot expect the two parts to sit parallel to each other. If you are having little trouble in understanding this, we recommend you to bring the picture of Microsoft Surface Book laptop in to your mind, and you will get to know.
Having said this, while we do not much yet about this new smartphone, these renders were made public, thanks to a patent application that has been uncovered recently.
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow