Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
19:43 31st Oct, 2016
Facebook Is Aping SnapChat And Prisma To Be Cool Again
The world's biggest social network is planning to deliver Snapchat like overlay graphics and animations via its mobile app.
The social network giant Facebook is all set to revamp its in app camera. According to TechCrunch, the world's biggest social network is planning to deliver Snapchat like overlay graphics and animations via its mobile app. Facebook will also be rolling out the so called artistic filters, much like Prisma.
The move is meant to counter the decline in photo sharing on Facebook. According to the report by The Information, the sharing "declined 21% between mid-2014 and mid-2015, and was down 15% year over year as of April 2016." In an attempt to increase the activity around photos, Facebook will also be copying SnapChat's self-deleting messaging format. These features will be first tested in Ireland. The global roll-out will depend on the response and feedback from the early adopters.
Facebook, once seen as the most hip and young Internet company is now facing competition from Prisma and SnapChat. After 12 years in the market and billions of dollars in the bank, it will be interesting to see whether Facebook can be cool again.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance