Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
17:02 28th Oct, 2016
iPhone's Lightning EarPods Won't Work With The New MacBook Pro
For audio out, the iPhone uses the lightening port whereas the MacBook Pro plays safe with the 3.5 mm jack.
When launching the iPhone 7, Apple gave a cold shoulder to the good-old 3.5 mm jack. This effectively rendered all the existing earphones incompatible with the latest iPhone. What's worse is that using the lightning port for audio-out meant that you cannot charge your phone and enjoy music simultaneously.
Many defended Apple's decision to let go of the 3.5 jack by comparing it to obsolete technologies such as the floppy drive. So let us assume that music output through the lightening port is the way to go. It is a good change that we should not resist. Now even we buy into Apple's vision for the future, there's a technology company that still has doubts about replacing the 3.5 mm jack with a lightening port. And that's none other than Apple.
At its Mac event in the US, the Cupertino based company unveiled three new Macbook Pro laptops. These machines pack in plenty of power and new features. To achieve minimalism in design, Apple replaced the standalone charger with thunderbolt ports. However, the Cupertino company retained the 3.5 mm jack, which means that your iPhone 7's EarPods won't work with the MacBook Pro. Similarly, the MacBook Pro earphone won't play nice with the latest iPhone. So, Apple wants you to carry two different earphones for its iPhone and MacBook, which is kind of silly.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance