Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
03:41 27th Oct, 2016
Microsoft Announces Windows 10 VR Headsets
Will be manufactured by HP, Lenovo, Dell, Acer, and ASUS.
Windows 10 was built keeping mixed (augmented) reality in mind. Time and again, Microsoft showcased its vision of fusing virtual objects in real world using the Hololens. While that gadget remains out of grasp for mere mortals, the software giant has now announced cheaper consumer ready mixed reality headsets.
Microsoft's hardware partners such as HP, Lenovo, Dell, Acer, and ASUS will ship the VR headsets come 2017. These gadgets will require the upcoming Windows 10 Creators update scheduled to roll out early next year. Microsoft claims that these VR accessories will work with affordable laptops and PCs.
Unlike every other virtual reality headset in the market, Microsoft's headgear won't require a complicated setup. These accessories have all the essential sensors built-in. The VR headsets will provide six-degrees of freedom to more easily move around your home as you experience virtual worlds. The Windows 10 VR headsets will be priced at $300, which translates to around Rs 20,000.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones