Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
03:36 26th Oct, 2016
Meet The Jamboard: Google's Answer To Microsoft's Surface Hub | TechTree.com
Meet The Jamboard: Google's Answer To Microsoft's Surface Hub
The collaborative device features a 55-inch 4K touchscreen.
Huge multi-touch collaborative devices are taking over meeting rooms in fancy offices. So far, Microsoft has been dominating this market with its Surface Hub. It will soon get some competition though as the search giant Google has unveiled its Jamboard. Google's collaborative digital whiteboard runs Android. It comes with G suite of apps and can recognise shapes and handwriting. Jamboard can also sense when you’re using your finger to wipe work off just like a classic whiteboard.
The Jamboard features a 55-inch 4k display with support for up to 16 simultaneous touch inputs. It has a built-in HD camera, speakers, and Wi-Fi. The Jamboard saves your brainstorming session into cloud in Google Drive. This enables you to fine tune your idea whenever you like.
Google is partnering with BenQ to tap into its network of channels and resellers to help bring Jamboard to market. The Jamboard is priced at $6000, which roughly translates to Rs 400,000. Pegged at $9000, Microsoft's Surface Hub is relatively expensive, but it offers full-blown PC experience with Windows 10 and pre-loaded Office Suite.
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals
- Europe may require all phone manufacturers to use USB-C charging
- Amazon Announces Prime Video Channels – A Video Entertainment Marketplace in India