Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
04:06 07th Oct, 2016
Pebble 2 Ventures Into The Fitness Tracking Territory
The company's new smartwatch wants to make you smart and fit.
One of the pioneers of the wearable technology, Pebble has launched a latest iteration of its smartwatch. Dubbed as the Pebble 2, this new wearable goes beyond the essential smartwatch features to venture into the fitness tracking territory. The Pebble 2 is thinner and lighter than the original Pebble, yet it is water-resistant. The smartwatch comes with a heart rate sensor that keeps a tab on your pulse all the times. Of course, it also monitors steps, calories burned, and naps.
Pebble's smartphone companion app can even turn all this data into more meaningful graphs. It also plays nice with Google Fit or Apple’s HealthKit. In addition to the fitness features, the Pebble 2 delivers notifications for texts, calls, and events. Running the latest Pebble 4.0+ software, the smartwatch lets you respond quickly with custom templates or voice replies. Pebble remains the only non-Apple wearable that can send text and voice replies to incoming iOS Messages.
The Pebble 2 comes with an always on ePaper display. Unlike the LCD panels found on other smartwatches, the ePaper does not strain your eyes. Moreover, it goes easy on the battery, which is why the Pebble 2 can last up to seven days on a single charge. The gadget is water resistant up to 30 meters.
The Pebble 2 is priced at $130, which roughly translates to Rs 8700. The watch is up for pre-order on the official website and will come in five colours to choose from. Along with this one, the company has launched a watered-down Pebble 2 SE, which does away with the heart beat sensor. The SE variant is priced at $100 (approx Rs 6700).
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week