Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
21:10 30th Sep, 2016
Apple Is All Set To Inject Ads In Its App Store
The Cupertino-based company's money making programme will go live next week.
Apple makes billions on revenue generated from the sales made in its App Store. Seems like that's not enough for the world's most valuable tech company, as it is all introduced to riddle the app search with adverts.
According to SearchEngineLand.com, the company has been testing the programme from June. Come October 5, iPhone and iPad users in the US will have to put up with what Apple refers to as 'Search Ads'. Although the motive here is to make more money, Apple claims that 'Search Ads' is an efficient way for app discovery. The ad programme will provide the developers total control over their spendings. They can define the budget and a maximum daily cap to control the expense over time. The developers can target the audience by gender, age, or show your ads only to devices in the geographic area your business serves. What's more, there's even an option to schedule campaigns to start and stop on specific dates, or show only on specific days of the week or times of the day.
As a joining bonus, Apple developers will receive a $100 credit for the first campaign. The ads will be delineated with a blue background. The ad images and text will be come from metadata supplied by the publisher or developer.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones