11:56 30th Sep, 2016
Twitter Moments Now Open To Public
This is Twitter’s step towards competing with Snapchat and Instagram’s ‘Stories’.
Twitter is looking to do everything they can to compete with Snapchat and Instagram, in terms of innovative features on offer. The latest innovation is the ‘Moments’ feature on their app, which allows everybody to create moments as per their need, similar to what Instagram’s ‘Stories’, or Snapchat itself is.
Twitter had introduced the Moments feature last year, and had been on the dock for a while to ensure that the right features can be bought. Now, it is open to public, after it made an official announcement earlier this year, in August regarding the feature.
The way the ‘Moments’ feature works is, that users can now staple together multiple tweets together on a single canvas, which relate to their favorite topic, and then share it via their account. Very soon, everyone will be noticing a ‘Moments’ tab on their profile, which they need to click on, and then go to ‘create new moment’, after which one can select a range of tweets which to add in it, and even select a cover image for the same. There is also the option of including tweets across the Twitter platform after searching, or even hit the ‘heart button’ to like it.
This development actually is more crucial than what the new feature might entail. For the company, Twitter is on the verge of considering a very strongly possible opportunity to sell their company, and the line of suitors are long and powerful. Salesforce, Microsoft, Google, Walt Disney are just some of the names known to be in pursuit of Twitter. Introducing the feature now conveys that they are on the path to innovation, and before any sell-off happens, they could definitely add value to get a better evaluation.
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens