11:56 30th Sep, 2016
Twitter Moments Now Open To Public | TechTree.com
Twitter Moments Now Open To Public
This is Twitter’s step towards competing with Snapchat and Instagram’s ‘Stories’.
Twitter is looking to do everything they can to compete with Snapchat and Instagram, in terms of innovative features on offer. The latest innovation is the ‘Moments’ feature on their app, which allows everybody to create moments as per their need, similar to what Instagram’s ‘Stories’, or Snapchat itself is.
Twitter had introduced the Moments feature last year, and had been on the dock for a while to ensure that the right features can be bought. Now, it is open to public, after it made an official announcement earlier this year, in August regarding the feature.
The way the ‘Moments’ feature works is, that users can now staple together multiple tweets together on a single canvas, which relate to their favorite topic, and then share it via their account. Very soon, everyone will be noticing a ‘Moments’ tab on their profile, which they need to click on, and then go to ‘create new moment’, after which one can select a range of tweets which to add in it, and even select a cover image for the same. There is also the option of including tweets across the Twitter platform after searching, or even hit the ‘heart button’ to like it.
This development actually is more crucial than what the new feature might entail. For the company, Twitter is on the verge of considering a very strongly possible opportunity to sell their company, and the line of suitors are long and powerful. Salesforce, Microsoft, Google, Walt Disney are just some of the names known to be in pursuit of Twitter. Introducing the feature now conveys that they are on the path to innovation, and before any sell-off happens, they could definitely add value to get a better evaluation.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals