15:03 21st Sep, 2016
Nikon Launches Action Cameras; Competes With GoPro
The new KeyMission range of camera are expected to be available in India by November, this year.
Nikon has recently announced the launch of its new action cameras in KeyMission series in India, with most probable hopes of competing with GoPro.
The three models that have been announced as of now are KeyMission 360, 170, and 80, and they are expected to be available for purchase in India starting November, this year. Nikon had, in-fact, announced the new KeyMission camera range earlier this year, in January, during the CES 2016.
Speaking about the new cameras, the KeyMission 360 comes with 20 MP sensor, capable of recording video in 4K ultra HD quality in 360 degree view using the camera stitching feature. However, the KeyMission 170 is expected to be much similar to a GoPro; waterproof (without any casing for upto 10 meters), capable of 4K video recording, and a 12 MP CMOS sensor.
However, the third action camera in the range, the KeyMission 80 is a bit different than the others. This is a wearable camera that comes with two sensors, much like a smartphone. While rear camera sports a 12 MP sensor, the front camera equips a 5 MP sensor. Also, this camera is not capable of recording 4K videos, but it can definitely shoot at Full HD 1080p resolution.
While you might be wondering how good these cameras can be, when a giant like GoPro has already dominated the segment, you can probably watch this product tour by Nikon, that gives you a better understanding on the camera.
Speaking about the pricing of these rugged action cameras, we can expect the KeyMission 360 at around INR 33,500 and KeyMission 170 and KeyMission 80 at around INR 26,800 and INR 18,800 respectively. However, this is not an officially announced Indian price, and we are waiting for an update on that yet!
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones