Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
01:03 21st Sep, 2016
HTC's Desire 10 Lifestyle Is Outdated Before The Launch
The mid-range phone offers a generation old Snapdragon 400 chipset.
In addition to the Desire 10 Pro, HTC unveiled the Desire 10 Lifestyle. The handset looks exactly like the Desire 10 Pro, which itself draws design inspiration from the flagship HTC 10. It has matte plastic body with a metal frame.
As opposed to the Desire Pro 10's Full HD screen, the Desire 10 Lifestyle comes with a 5.5-inch HD screen. For scratch resistance, it is protected by Corning's Gorilla Glass. The phone is powered by Qualcomm's Snapdragon 400 chipset. That's a generation old SoC (System on Chip), as Qualcomm has replaced it with the Snapdragon 410. The Desire 10 LifeStyle comes with 2 GB RAM and 16 GB internal storage. There's also a 3 GB RAM variant with 32 GB storage to tag along. Both variants support up to 2 TB microSD card. In the photography department, you get a 13-megapixel rear camera with an LED Flash. For selfies, there's a 5-megapixel front-facing snapper. As far as the connectivity is concerned, this dual-SIM handset supports 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1, and A-GPS (Assisted GPS). The handset packs-in a 2700 mAh battery. The handset is Dolby certified and also comes with HTC BoomSound enhancements.
On the software side of things, the Desire 10 Lifestyle offers Android 6.0 Marshmallow. The UI (User Interface) is highly customised by the Taiwanese brand. However, I'm not complaining because it is one of the better looking implementations of Android. The HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle will be available in Stone Black, Polar White, Royal Blue, and Valentine Lux. If anyone knows what Valentine Lux is, please let me know in the comments section. HTC hasn't shared the pricing details, however, I guess the handset is likely to cost around Rs 20,000.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance