Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
17:31 20th Sep, 2016
Metal-Clad Galaxy J5 Prime Pegged At Rs 14,790
Samsung's budget smartphone offers a 13-megapixel camera and a fingerprint sensor.
In addition to the J7 Prime, Samsung has unveiled the Galaxy J5 Prime. It looks exactly like its elder sibling, save for the smaller screen. The metal-clad handset has a premium feel, but plays safe with the design.
The J5 Prime offers a 5-inch HD IPS (In Pane Switching) display. It is powered by an unspecified Exynos chipset. The phone has 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB internal storage. Of course, it also comes with a microSD card slot. The J5 Prime packs-in a 13-megapixel rear camera. For selfies, you have to make do with a 5-megapixel unit. The dual-SIM handset supports 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth 4.1, Wi-Fi, and A-GPS (Assisted GPS). Among other features, the phone boasts of a fingerprint sensor. On the software front, the smartphone runs on Android Marshmallow with TouchWiz on top. It comes with tools such as the S Power and S Secure. The former is a battery saver mode to prolong the battery life. The S Secure feature enables users to their data securely.
The Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime will hit the stores later this month for Rs 14,790. It competes with the likes of more affordable Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 and Lenovo ZuK Z1. While the Chinese brands may have an advantage in terms of specifications Samsung has an edge when it comes to after-sales service.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones