Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
02:36 20th Sep, 2016
Xiaomi Forays Into Mirrorless Camera Market With M1
Offers plenty of features at a bargain price.
Xiaomi is a start-up that backs plenty of other start-ups. One of its associated brands, Xiaoyi has showcased mirrorless camera that promises excellent value for money. Much like what Xiaomi offers in the smartphone market.
The Xiaoyi M1 boasts of a 20-megapixel sensor. It uses Contrast Detection method for focusing. Drive mode includes single shot, continuous shot, timer, and burst. The camera offers shutter speeds from 1/4000 to 60. Xiaoyi's snapper offers plenty of scene modes such as Portrait, landscape, Sports, Night, Candlelight, Sunset, Fireworks, Beach and Snow. It can record 4K 3840x2160 videos at 30 fps. When set to Full HD quality, the M1 can capture videos at 60 frames per second. The camera comes with SD/SDHC/SDXC card support. Coming to the subject of connectivity, you get Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Micro HDMI, and Micro USB. That should take care of the sharing aspect of photography. The M1 camera comes with a 3-inch touchscreen with pixel dimensions of 720x480.
The Xiaoyi M1 will retail in China starting from 23rd of this month. With a standard lens, it is priced at 2199 Yuan, which roughly translates to Rs 22,000. For 3000 Yuan (approx Rs 30,000), you can opt for a dual-lens kit. At this moment, there's no word on its International release.
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week