Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
19:15 19th Sep, 2016
InFocus Unveils "Modular" Kangaroo Notebook
Comprises of a laptop shell and two mini PC modules.
InFocus Unveils "Modular" Kangaroo Notebook Comprises of a laptop shell and two mini PC modules. InFocus, known for smartphones and TVs in India, has unveiled a "modular" laptop. Named as the Kangaroo Notebook, it is a modular laptop that comes with two mini PC modules. They are much like the hardware implementation of different user accounts on a PC. You swap out your module and the next user won't be able to access your files or data. You can even choose to store important financial and personal information on one machine and dedicate the second module to music and movies. It is a shame though that these two modules don't work as a standalone device.
The swappable computing modules have 2 GB of RAM and 32 GB of internal storage. It is powered by Intel's Z8350 Cherrytrail CPU. The laptop shell sports a 11.6-inch HD screen. It has a island type keyboard, Synaptics clickpad, battery, webcam, ports, a microphone, and speakers. On the software side of things, you get Windows 10 out-of-the-box.
The Kangaroo Notebook will be available in the US for an introductory price of $300. It will hit NewEgg's store shelves starting from mid-October.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance