10:58 16th Sep, 2016
iPhone Users With iOS 10 Can Now Book Uber Via Siri
All you have to do is say, "Siri, get me an Uber" and you are good to go!
We all know that the latest iOS 10 brings in a number of unique features to Apple iPhone fans, and one such, was announced recently, with WhatsApp and Siri integration. Now, Siri is once again in the limelight.
iPhone users with iOS 10 can now book a cab using Uber app, directly via Siri and Apple Maps, without the need of opening the Uber app. And, for this, users need to have iOS 10 on their iPhones and should update their Uber app.
So, how does this work? Well, it's pretty simple. All you have to do is, open up Siri and say "Siri, get me an Uber" and Siri will take you to a conversation to understand what type of ride you would actually want. Interestingly, Siri also provides you the fare according to the type of ride you opted in and the distance you are travelling.
However, for this to happen, users will have to provide the application access to Siri.
Speaking about this integration, the announcement dates back to June, when the integration was promised at the Apple's WWDC 2016. In-fact, it is worth noting that users can also use the Siri app to book a taxi using Lyft in the United States.
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens