Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
03:16 16th Sep, 2016
Leica's Sofort Instant Camera Offers More Nostalgia Than Features
The retro camera requires exposure films to capture the moment.
German brand Leica with a history of over century, has unveiled a latest camera. Dubbed as Sofort, the snapper offers more nostalgia than features. It takes you back to the good-old days when people loaded films instead of memory cards.
Depending on how far you want to turn back the time, Leica offers monochrome and colour films to choose from. In terms of aesthetics, Leica has aptly chosen retro colours including mint and orange. The design is minimal, save for the distinct lens. The instant camera comes with modes such as Auto, Macro, Party and People, Sport and Action, Double Exposure, and Selfie. To ensure best results every time, the camera automatically adapts parameters such as the exposure time and aperture to the mode the user selects. Much like yesteryear's cameras, the Sofort comes with an optical viewfinder.
The Leica Sofort is expected to hit the stores in November. In the US, it is expected to be priced at $300, which roughly translates to Rs 20,000. A pack of 10 exposure colour or monochrome films is expected to cost somewhere between $10 to $20.
- Aperture / Focal length: 60mm f/12.7 (34mm in 35mm equiv)
- Focusing Area: Standard: 0,6m - 3m 3 Focus Steps: 0,3-0,6m (Macro) / 0,6 m - 3m (Standard)
- Shutter Speed: 1/8 - 1/400 sec (Mechanical shutter)
- Viewfinder: Optical real image viewfinder 0,37x with target spot and parallax compensation
- Mode Dial: Automatic, Selfie, People and Party, Action and Sport, Bulb, Macro, Self-Timer
- Exposure: Time automatic / -0,7 EV / 0,0 EV / +0,7 EV
- Light Metering: Automatic exposure control LV 5.0 - LV 15.5 (ISO 800)
- ISO Sensitivity: ISO 800 Instax film
- Self-Timer: 2 sec / 10 sec
- Power: Li-ion battery pack (3.7V, 740mAh, 2.6 Wh) (included) Battery Life (Approx.): 100 pictures
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week