Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
15:28 13th Sep, 2016
Samsung Adds S Pen Support To The Galaxy Tab A (2016)
The 10-inch tablet comes with Android 6 Marshmallow.
Tablets may not be as popular as they used to be a few years ago. However, there is still a market for it, and Samsung wants a good share of it. The Korean brand has added the Galaxy Tab A to its 2016 line-up. The new 10-incher comes with the S Pen found on the Galaxy Note 7.
The 10-inch LCD screen has pixel dimensions of 1920x1200. As per the official product page, the tablet lacks OLED or IPS technology. The Galaxy Tab A is powered by an octa-core chipset clocked at 1.6 GHz processor. Samsung hasn't shed light on processor's make and other details. The tab has 3 GB, 32 GB internal storage, and a microSD card slot. Although you ideally shouldn't use a 10-inch tablet for photography, the tablet has an 8-megapixel camera. For video calls, there's a 2-megapixel snapper too. To keep the Tab A up and running, there's a 7300 mAh battery. On the software front, the tablet ships with Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2016) with S Pen has been launched in South Korea. It is priced at 489,000 wons, which roughly translates to Rs 30,000. As of this writing, there's no word on its International release.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones