Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
02:53 12th Sep, 2016
Sony Announces A New Action Cam With BOSS Technology
The FDR-X3000R shoots 4K video and comes with a handy remote.
Thanks to the popularity of Go Pro, action cameras have become a rage. In this segment, the Japanese brand Sony is quite a serious competitor. In tie for the annual refresh, the Japanese tech-giant has announced the 4K FDR-X3000R. It is one of the first POV cams to feature the company's B.O.SS (Balanced Optical SteadyShot) technology. I know that's a terrible acronym. The technology is quite impressive though. In this, the lens and the sensor are fused together to enable more effective shake compensation. That's much like how Nokia had implemented the OIS (Optical Image Stabilsation) in the Lumia 1020. Such setup is particular helpful to achieve smooth footage form relatively smaller cameras.
The FDR-X3000R may be mounted on a bicycle, car, or simply used as a hand-held. The camera comes with fancy Live-View remote. You can wear it like a wristband and access all the essential controls without having to touch the camera. Of course, if you choose not to buy this accessory, you can use your existing phone or tablet with the free PlayMemories Mobile app.
In addition to shooting in 4K, the FDR-X3000R can snap images at 8.3 megapixel. It has an interval recording feature to help you create 4K time-lapse videos. You will have to do perform video stitching on a PC though. To let more light in for the clearer images, Sony uses the new Exmor R CMOS sensor backed by ZEISS Tessar Lens. Sony claims that the on-board BIONZ X image processor reduces "jaggie" effects. You can capture high-bitrate recordings in 4K at 100 Mbps, Full HD at 50 Mbps in the XAVC S format. Thanks to the dual mic setup, you get stereo sound.
The FDR-X3000R has a splash proof body. If you're planning to under water, it is supplied with a fully waterproof underwater housing too. The FDR-X3000R will start shipping in November with a €600 price tag, which translates to around Rs 45,000.
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week