Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
02:53 12th Sep, 2016
Sony Announces A New Action Cam With BOSS Technology | TechTree.com
Sony Announces A New Action Cam With BOSS Technology
The FDR-X3000R shoots 4K video and comes with a handy remote.
Thanks to the popularity of Go Pro, action cameras have become a rage. In this segment, the Japanese brand Sony is quite a serious competitor. In tie for the annual refresh, the Japanese tech-giant has announced the 4K FDR-X3000R. It is one of the first POV cams to feature the company's B.O.SS (Balanced Optical SteadyShot) technology. I know that's a terrible acronym. The technology is quite impressive though. In this, the lens and the sensor are fused together to enable more effective shake compensation. That's much like how Nokia had implemented the OIS (Optical Image Stabilsation) in the Lumia 1020. Such setup is particular helpful to achieve smooth footage form relatively smaller cameras.
The FDR-X3000R may be mounted on a bicycle, car, or simply used as a hand-held. The camera comes with fancy Live-View remote. You can wear it like a wristband and access all the essential controls without having to touch the camera. Of course, if you choose not to buy this accessory, you can use your existing phone or tablet with the free PlayMemories Mobile app.
In addition to shooting in 4K, the FDR-X3000R can snap images at 8.3 megapixel. It has an interval recording feature to help you create 4K time-lapse videos. You will have to do perform video stitching on a PC though. To let more light in for the clearer images, Sony uses the new Exmor R CMOS sensor backed by ZEISS Tessar Lens. Sony claims that the on-board BIONZ X image processor reduces "jaggie" effects. You can capture high-bitrate recordings in 4K at 100 Mbps, Full HD at 50 Mbps in the XAVC S format. Thanks to the dual mic setup, you get stereo sound.
The FDR-X3000R has a splash proof body. If you're planning to under water, it is supplied with a fully waterproof underwater housing too. The FDR-X3000R will start shipping in November with a €600 price tag, which translates to around Rs 45,000.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance