Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
08:03 07th Sep, 2016
Lenovo's Moto G4 Play Won't Win Indian Customers
Priced at Rs 8999, the handset stands no chance against the competition.
Announced back in May, Lenovo's Moto G4 Play has finally landed in India. As the Chinese company's retail partner puts it, "Smartphones are considered an extension of your personality and by this definition, it is important to own one that helps you with your daily tasks while making a style statement." This statement actually makes a strong case against the Moto G4 Play, which looks rather hideous.
Beyond the style (or lack of it), let us see if the handset has any substance. For starters, the phone sports a 5-inch HD screen. It is powered by Qualcomm's Snapdragon 410 chipset, which is good enough to handle your daily tasks. The handset has got 2 GB RAM and 16 GB internal storage. You can add another 128 GB of space via microSD card slot.
In the photography department, you get an 8-megapixel camera. Selfie-addicts will have to settle for a 5-megapixel snapper. It covers all the essential connectivity features such as 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1, and A-GPS (Assisted GPS). If you are new to TechTree, GPS is what makes Uber drivers detect your pick-up location.
The 2800 mAh battery supports Quick Charge technology. The Moto G4 Play is priced at Rs 8999 and is available only on Jeff Bezos's store in India. The handset stands no chance against the similarly priced Xiaomi Redmi 3S Prime. However, the latter's limited availability will most likely work in Lenovo's favour.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones