17:02 02nd Sep, 2016
Qualcomm And Fossil Announce Smartwatches Based on Snapdragon Wear | TechTree.com
Qualcomm And Fossil Announce Smartwatches Based on Snapdragon Wear
Fossil Q Wander and Fossil Q Marshal smartwatches integrate Snapdragon Wear 2100 to provide fashion and technology for users.
At IFA 2016, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., a subsidiary of Qualcomm Incorporated and Fossil Group announced that the Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 2100 processor will power the Fossil Q Marshal and Fossil Q Wander smartwatches. With the announcement, Fossil becomes the first Fossil Group brand to ship smartwatches based on Qualcomm Technologies' next generation Snapdragon Wear 2100 processor.
Fossil Q Marshal and Fossil Q Wander smartwatches deliver a truly unique and differentiated experience for the customer, taking full advantage of the Snapdragon Wear 2100 with a crisp "always awake" touch screen, extended battery life, always-on sensing, and seamless connectivity, all wrapped in a streamlined, fashion-forward design that customers desire.
"We're investing in long-term wearables innovation due to increasing demand for smartwatches that fuse the latest in technology and connectivity into an attractive, expertly-designed wristwatch. Today's announcement is part of a broader plan to introduce more than 100 wearables this year," said Greg McKelvey, chief strategy and chief digital officer, Fossil Group. "We envision a day when every watch we make will have some type of connectivity in it. By combining Fossil Group's expertise in making beautiful, quality watches and Qualcomm Technologies' highly integrated Snapdragon Wear processors, we are bringing the best of fashion and technology to our customers."
The Snapdragon Wear 2100 is Qualcomm Technologies' second generation processor for Android Wear smartwatches. It is a full featured processor purposely designed for wearables running Google's Android operating systems. With its low power and small footprint design, the Snapdragon Wear 2100 offers a range of connectivity options, low power GNSS and a highly integrated, ultra-low power sensor hub for a truly smart experience.
"We are pleased to be working with Fossil Group and its flagship Fossil brand to deliver exciting new smartwatches and helping them win in today's dynamic wearables industry," said Anthony Murray, senior vice president and general manager, IoT, Qualcomm Technologies International, Ltd. "Combining the industry-leading Snapdragon Wear 2100 with Fossil Group's design expertise will continue to fuel innovation, set a new bar in the wearables industry and bring the best of fashion and technology to consumers."
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals