15:20 30th Aug, 2016
Is Huawei Unveiling Two New Phones At IFA, Germany? | TechTree.com
Is Huawei Unveiling Two New Phones At IFA, Germany?
The company came out with two teaser images of smartphones asking users to ‘defy expectations’ that has set tongues wagging
Mobile phone companies are getting smarter with their marketing gimmicks these days. After Apple’s invitation for the launch of the iPhone7 in less than a week’s time, there is news that Chinese maker Huawei would be coming out with not one but two phones on the sidelines of the IFA event scheduled at Berlin later this week.
The company shared a couple of teasers that shows partial silhouettes of two devices with a tagline that asks users to ‘defy expectations’. Part of the two images also mentions IFA 2016, thus suggesting that Huawei has some major announcements to make during the world’s leading consumer electronics and home appliances show.
Speculation was initially rife that the Chinese manufacturer would unveil the sequel to the Mate series, but reports published in the GSMArena.com suggested otherwise. The article quoted an unnamed official to refute this rumor, confirming instead that Huawei would be launching an entirely new mid-range series.
Meanwhile, there is some speculation that the phones to be launched could be the Nova and the Nova Plus besides the MediaPad M3. American blogger and smartphone buff Evan Blass had tweeted about this possibility recently, though there has been no official comment one way or the other.
A report in AndroidHeadlines.com suggests that the devices would feature rounded and smooth edges and corners and could come with metal frames. If indeed the Nova series is what Huawei is launching, it could be priced at the mid-range, the article says adding that the Nova Plus could be targeting a woman audience.
Of course, GSMArena.com thinks that the silhouettes suggest that one of the phones could come with a glass back. The article quotes a series of tweets by Huawei Devices CEO Richard Yu to suggest that both these devices could be targeting women.
With no further information coming from the manufacturers, it appears that all we can do is wait and watch for another couple of days for the company to announce their latest offerings.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals