15:20 30th Aug, 2016
Is Huawei Unveiling Two New Phones At IFA, Germany?
The company came out with two teaser images of smartphones asking users to ‘defy expectations’ that has set tongues wagging
Mobile phone companies are getting smarter with their marketing gimmicks these days. After Apple’s invitation for the launch of the iPhone7 in less than a week’s time, there is news that Chinese maker Huawei would be coming out with not one but two phones on the sidelines of the IFA event scheduled at Berlin later this week.
The company shared a couple of teasers that shows partial silhouettes of two devices with a tagline that asks users to ‘defy expectations’. Part of the two images also mentions IFA 2016, thus suggesting that Huawei has some major announcements to make during the world’s leading consumer electronics and home appliances show.
Speculation was initially rife that the Chinese manufacturer would unveil the sequel to the Mate series, but reports published in the GSMArena.com suggested otherwise. The article quoted an unnamed official to refute this rumor, confirming instead that Huawei would be launching an entirely new mid-range series.
Meanwhile, there is some speculation that the phones to be launched could be the Nova and the Nova Plus besides the MediaPad M3. American blogger and smartphone buff Evan Blass had tweeted about this possibility recently, though there has been no official comment one way or the other.
A report in AndroidHeadlines.com suggests that the devices would feature rounded and smooth edges and corners and could come with metal frames. If indeed the Nova series is what Huawei is launching, it could be priced at the mid-range, the article says adding that the Nova Plus could be targeting a woman audience.
Of course, GSMArena.com thinks that the silhouettes suggest that one of the phones could come with a glass back. The article quotes a series of tweets by Huawei Devices CEO Richard Yu to suggest that both these devices could be targeting women.
With no further information coming from the manufacturers, it appears that all we can do is wait and watch for another couple of days for the company to announce their latest offerings.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones