12:39 16th Aug, 2016
Can These Tattoos Control Your Smartphone?
Duoskin works much like a regular tattoo.. apply it via water-transfer method, and you can control your smartphone with just a touch-of-a-skin!
While wearable technology is trending, it seems that MIT research students in association with Microsoft Research are working on something near to the future -- a sort of a tattoo that allows users to control smartphones by just a skin-touch.
Well, researchers have announced on MIT Media Labs' website that, the new technology will be showcased at a wearables conference later this month.
Dubbed, the Duoskin, the temporary tattoo that uses a gold metal leaf, which is cheap, skin-friendly, and can survive daily usage, can be used to control smartphones via NFC technology, reports The Indian Express.
According to a recently published report on GeekWire, Duoskin draws from the aesthetics found in metallic jewelry-like temporary tattoos to create on-skin devices which resemble jewelry. The report also adds that these tattoos consist of conductive gold and silver leaf, along with tissue-thin electronic, arranged in an artistic manner.
Interestingly, these tattoos are said to work in a similar fashion like a regular tattoo -- apply them to your forearm using a water transfer method, and you can control the music player in your smartphone.
Geekwire's recent post also adds light on other applications that comes with these tattoos. They can change color or light up to reflect users' mood; users can also get an antenna tattoo through which they can transmit data via Bluetooth or NFC.
However, since the application resembles that of a normal tattoo, even these Duoskin tattoos would last a few days at the most.
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens