11:30 04th Aug, 2016
Xiaomi Plans Multiple Launches Around Diwali This Year | TechTree.com
Xiaomi Plans Multiple Launches Around Diwali This Year
With Diwali being the time for shopping, Xiaomi is looking to cash in big with several product launches around the time.
If you are a Xiaomi fan, the Diwali season this year will indeed be a bonanza; the company is planning on new launches during that time to ensure that the festive season is utilized to the fullest. Not just new handsets, the Chinese phone maker is looking to expand its product categories in India as well, offering value for money products across segments. This move is mainly to reduce the timeline between product launches, especially in India which happens to be the company's biggest market outside China, reported Economic Times.
To ensure service and product delivery is perfectly taken care of, Xiaomi is also hiring a lot of people across functions. With the new product launches fixed around Diwali, there will be a strain on the resources to provide the level of service they are known for and ramp up the production process to keep up with the sales numbers. Amongst categories, one could see the Mi Box (turns any TV into a smart TV), routers, air and water purifiers, drones, laptops, and even smart rice cookers, being launched during the festival season.
Manu Jain, Head of Indian operations at Xiaomi mentioned, "We're considering launching some of these products in India. It purely depends on how ready the market is and also our capability of giving availability and after sales service.” That is the reason the company is hiring across product categories, where different teams will be designated for sales, marketing, after-sales and technical support in each category since the logistics and expertise needed are different.
Xiaomi is crunching some serious numbers in India as well. Launched in July 2014, the company now sells in excess of 1 million per quarter; this year the Redmi Note 3 has been the hottest selling product, with 1 million units having being sold since mid-March and 600,000 units in the 2 months prior to that. The company managed to sell 150,000 units of the Redmi 1s and 150,000 powerbank units during its first Diwali outing, and their numbers last year were very similar.
Manu Jain also spoke of the Diwali sale from Xiaomi, speaking about the plans, saying "We're considering launching some of these products in India. It purely depends on how ready the market is and also our capability of giving availability and after sales service." There are also plans for launching both the Redmi 3 editions through an open-sale model on August 9 and August 14. The units are to be made at their plant in Sri City, Andhra Pradesh.
Image via Droidtales.com
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals