10:28 29th Jul, 2016
Now Book An Uber Ride Using Snapdeal App | TechTree.com
Now Book An Uber Ride Using Snapdeal App
Snapdeal partners with Uber in a first-of-its kind API integration and is available on Android version 4.0 or higher.
Snapdeal, India's largest online marketplace, has launched a first-of-its kind frictionless in-app integration with Uber, the world’s largest on-demand smart mobility app. Through this integration, Uber will make travel even quicker and easier for millions of Snapdeal customers who will now be able to request an Uber directly through the Snapdeal app.
Snapdeal has been a market leader and the first in its category to provide services of value to its customers that go beyond the traditional offerings of an e-commerce company. Snapdeal recently announced the launch of a range of services on its platform, allowing customers to book flights, order food and even pay bills directly through its app. Today, by integrating the Uber API, Snapdeal is giving its customers a holistic experience. When a user books a flight or a hotel from the Snapdeal app, they can travel to the airport or the hotel using Uber, booked from within the Snapdeal app itself without having the Uber app installed on their devices.
Tony Navin, Senior Vice President, Partnerships and Strategic Initiatives, Snapdeal said, “We are committed to building the country’s most reliable and frictionless digital ecosystem, that caters to the entire range of India’s consumption needs. Our unique partnership with Uber, a global leader in smart mobility, is an important step in that direction. We are confident that this integration will further provide an exemplary experience to our customers.”
Mahesh Bhalla, Head of Business, Uber India, said “In August 2014, we opened our API to developers globally and since then we’ve seen the creative ideas that app developers have come up with in order to make it easier for people to move around in cities. This partnership with Snapdeal is the first completely native Uber API integration in India and we are excited about this, as we share the same sentiment of building an ecosystem where we work together with other technology companies in order to give customers a hassle-free, end-to-end experience.”
This service is currently available on Android version 4.0 (and higher), and will be rolled out for other platforms soon. Customers are requested to update their Snapdeal app. Uber is available in 450 plus cities across 73 countries. The service is available in 27 Indian cities, more than any other country outside the United States and China.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals