14:06 28th Jul, 2016
Nikkor Lenses Cross Production Benchmark With 100 Million Units | TechTree.com
Nikkor Lenses Cross Production Benchmark With 100 Million Units
Nikkor has consistently delivered quality lenses to cater to the ever growing demands of photography.
Nikkor, now a 100 per cent subsidiary of Nikon India, has recently announced the production benchmark crossover of 100 million units as an imaging technology expert.
“This is a momentous milestone for NIKKOR as Nikon has always believed in supporting its cameras with superior quality lenses. Our lenses cater to various requirements of photography. The 100 million production mark is a testimony of Nikon’s ability to cater to the ever growing demands of the NIKKOR lenses without compromising on the quality of the end product. We are confident that our customers will keep providing us the constant support and will continue to trust our efforts, like they always have,” Kazuo Ninomiya, the Managing Director of Nikon India, said.
Looking back briefly at history, Nikkor began its journey in 1932, with Nikon's, then Nippon Kogaku K.K., registration of the NIKKOR trademark. It soon followed in 1933 with the release of Aero-Nikkor aerial photographic lenses. In 1959, Nikon released the Nikon F SLR camera as well as its first NIKKOR lenses for Nikon SLR cameras including the NIKKOR-S Auto 5cm f/2. NIKKOR is Nikon's brand of photographic lenses. The NIKKOR name arose from adding 'r', a common practice in the naming of photographic lenses at the time the name was established, to "Nikko", the Romanized abbreviation for Nippon Kogaku K.K., the original name used when the company was established.
NIKKOR lenses currently consists of more than 90 types of lenses, including fixed focal length (prime) lenses covering ultra wide-angle to super-telephoto angles of view, fisheye lenses, zoom lenses, Micro lenses, and PC-E lenses that support a wide variety of applications, as well as 1 Nikkor lenses, advanced cameras with interchangeable lenses.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals