12:01 28th Jul, 2016
Vodafone Develops “Smart Beachwear And Luggage” | TechTree.com
Vodafone Develops “Smart Beachwear And Luggage”
Vodafone develops proof-of-concept ‘Smart Summer’ connected swimwear, child’s sun hat and suitcase using Internet of Things (IoT) technologies.
Vodafone has announced that it has developed a suite of Internet of Things (IoT) proof-of-concept connected ‘Smart Summer’ holiday essentials to help protect against UV, keep children safe on the beach and locate lost luggage.
The Vodafone ‘Smart Summer’ bikini and men’s swim shorts are equipped with UV sensors that track exposure to sunlight throughout the day. A smartphone app notifies the user when they have had too much exposure to UV light. The swimwear also contains a small vibrating alert built into the waistband and strap. The ‘Smart Summer’ child’s sun hat contains a UV sensor plus a low-powered Vodafone IoT SIM and tracking device which sends a warning message to the parent’s smartphone if the child wanders beyond a predetermined distance. The ‘Smart Summer’ suitcase includes an embedded Vodafone IoT tracking technology to enable the owner to geolocate missing luggage via their smartphone.
The ‘Smart Summer’ concept designs were developed as a pan-European survey commissioned by Vodafone from YouGov found that nearly half (48 per cent) of respondents forgot to apply sunscreen on holiday with three-quarters (76 per cent) saying they would be more likely to cover up if they had received an automated alert. 30 per cent of respondents also said that they or a travel companion had lost luggage while travelling.
Vacations are about having a good time with family and friends and every vacation ends with the loss of luggage, in some form or the other. Most of the time, complaints lodged for lost or stolen luggage are never taken into serious consideration, if technology can help to geolocate missing luggage, it would make vacations more relaxing and memorable. The Vodafone IoT SIM embedded in the child’s hat would help parents ensure their safety.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals