18:02 15th Jul, 2016
iDreams Mobile App To Help Youth Become Better Skilled
Will help less privileged youth get connected to the iLEAD Skill development programme for increasing employability.
With World Youth Skills Day being marked on July 15th, Aide et Action, an international NGO launched the iDream mobile application, whereby youth with Android devices can get connected and trained via the Skill Development Programme called 'iLEAD'. The launch has taken place simultaneously in 70 centres around South-East Asia including countries India, Nepal, and Sri Lanka.
The app is developed to help unemployed youth with skills and potential to mobilize him/her to the nearby training centers. “With the help of this application, which is available on Google Play Store, every android user will be capable of referring deserving youth, who is willing to get a sustainable livelihood option, and the administration team of iLEAD will ensure their mobilization not only to the iLEAD centers but will also be referred to other training providers in those cities where iLEAD is not operational,” said Ravi Pratap Singh, Regional Director, Aide et Action in South Asia. He further added, “This is an effort towards the Skill India Mission and one step closer to the dream of Kaushal Bharat- Kushal Bharat."
“This app can be downloaded by any android user and accessed from anywhere in the world, and with the help of which, he/she can register the youth in their locality. The data base so prepared automatically after the registration process will reach the administration team for further action and implementation,” said Dr. Aishwarya Mahajan, Regional Head, Livelihood Education in South Asia, while sharing his knowledge about how the application will be functioning.
The vocational skills under the programme include automobile technology, beautician, bedside patient care, business management, cell phone repairing, computer fundamental application, customer relations and retailing, electrical & electronic, embroidery and fashion and dress designing, garment & apparel, handicrafts, hospitality, ITES, medical lab technician, office assistant course, printing& designing and graphic designing etc. which are known to generate early stage employment, and entrepreneurial opportunities in time. Also, because handsets and other devices have become cheaper with time, Android serves as the most cost effective platform for the less privileged, who can now connect on a worldwide scale, and change their lives.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance