11:12 15th Jul, 2016
People Spend Most Time On Social Network Browsing: Opera Study | TechTree.com
People Spend Most Time On Social Network Browsing: Opera Study
The study also reveals that viewing products online, and downloading music are strong trends of user behavior.
According to a recent study by Opera India, the sites most visited by users of Opera Mini browser happens to be that of social media networking, which bills in 55 per cent user behavior. News browsing comes second to social media browsing.
These figures were revealed by Bruce Lawson, the CTO of Opera, who also revealed that viewing products is a notable trend, with around 9 per cent of the top 100 sites being e-commerce and classifieds related and that music is also something that people indulge in, via the web. In fact, 75 per cent of the download portal site visits are for music to sites like Mp3lio, Pagalworld, Webmusic, Raagtune, and Mp3mad.
The study by Opera India also bought out certain claims by the company. According to the study, Indian users, on an average, save around 40,000,000 GB of data annually by browsing through Opera Mini web browser. In monetary terms, it comes to INR 690 crores, considering the average price of INR 173 per GB. In terms of browsing trends, this study also revealed that Hindi news websites are on the upswing of demand, with a large section viewing websites of this category.
Some of the other results revealed by the India study were finding out results, and watching videos by users. Users seem to love watching videos on the go, with the Video Boost feature helping reduce buffering across sites.
Also read: Opera Rolls Out Native Ad-blocking Feature
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals