11:12 15th Jul, 2016
People Spend Most Time On Social Network Browsing: Opera Study
The study also reveals that viewing products online, and downloading music are strong trends of user behavior.
According to a recent study by Opera India, the sites most visited by users of Opera Mini browser happens to be that of social media networking, which bills in 55 per cent user behavior. News browsing comes second to social media browsing.
These figures were revealed by Bruce Lawson, the CTO of Opera, who also revealed that viewing products is a notable trend, with around 9 per cent of the top 100 sites being e-commerce and classifieds related and that music is also something that people indulge in, via the web. In fact, 75 per cent of the download portal site visits are for music to sites like Mp3lio, Pagalworld, Webmusic, Raagtune, and Mp3mad.
The study by Opera India also bought out certain claims by the company. According to the study, Indian users, on an average, save around 40,000,000 GB of data annually by browsing through Opera Mini web browser. In monetary terms, it comes to INR 690 crores, considering the average price of INR 173 per GB. In terms of browsing trends, this study also revealed that Hindi news websites are on the upswing of demand, with a large section viewing websites of this category.
Some of the other results revealed by the India study were finding out results, and watching videos by users. Users seem to love watching videos on the go, with the Video Boost feature helping reduce buffering across sites.
Also read: Opera Rolls Out Native Ad-blocking Feature
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones