11:12 15th Jul, 2016
People Spend Most Time On Social Network Browsing: Opera Study
The study also reveals that viewing products online, and downloading music are strong trends of user behavior.
According to a recent study by Opera India, the sites most visited by users of Opera Mini browser happens to be that of social media networking, which bills in 55 per cent user behavior. News browsing comes second to social media browsing.
These figures were revealed by Bruce Lawson, the CTO of Opera, who also revealed that viewing products is a notable trend, with around 9 per cent of the top 100 sites being e-commerce and classifieds related and that music is also something that people indulge in, via the web. In fact, 75 per cent of the download portal site visits are for music to sites like Mp3lio, Pagalworld, Webmusic, Raagtune, and Mp3mad.
The study by Opera India also bought out certain claims by the company. According to the study, Indian users, on an average, save around 40,000,000 GB of data annually by browsing through Opera Mini web browser. In monetary terms, it comes to INR 690 crores, considering the average price of INR 173 per GB. In terms of browsing trends, this study also revealed that Hindi news websites are on the upswing of demand, with a large section viewing websites of this category.
Some of the other results revealed by the India study were finding out results, and watching videos by users. Users seem to love watching videos on the go, with the Video Boost feature helping reduce buffering across sites.
Also read: Opera Rolls Out Native Ad-blocking Feature
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch