13:32 11th Jul, 2016
No One Is Safe- Jack Dorsey’s Twitter Account Hacked | TechTree.com
No One Is Safe- Jack Dorsey’s Twitter Account Hacked
This is the latest in a recent series of high-profile social media takeovers by hacking outfit OurMine.
Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey’s account was hacked in the early hours on July 9. The culprit appears to be OurMine, the hacker group whose cyber attacks are on the rise
OurMine took control of Dorsey’s account through Vine and posted a series of compromising tweets as well a Vine. The tweets and the video have since been deleted, but tech site Endgadget managed to grab screenshots of the same.
Image via Endgadget
The ‘testing your security’ message is a running theme in OurMine hacks. Dorsey is the latest in a series of high-profile social media takeovers by the outfit; the list of victims includes Sunder Pichai (CEO, Google), Mark Zuckerberg (Co-Founder and CEO, Facebook), and Dick Costolo (former CEO, Twitter).
All these accounts were taken control of through third-party apps that connected to their Twitter handles, or old/recycled passwords. Twitter has said that the recent attacks were the result of a variety of leaks from third-party websites, not from any lack of security on Twitter’s part.
That’s some comfort, I suppose.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals