11:27 07th Jul, 2016
Google Acquires French Startup Moodstocks
Moodstocks develops machine-learning based image recognition technology for smartphones.
Following Twitter’s acquisition of London based Artificial Technology startup Magic Pony, Google has now acquired Paris based image recognition startup Moodstocks.Moodstocks managed to charm Google with its machine learning technology that enables gadgets such as smartphones with image recognition.
An official post on the Moodstock website read, “Ever since we started Moodstocks, our dream has been to give eyes to machines by turning cameras into smart sensors able to make sense of their surroundings.After introducing on-device image recognition in 2012, we've been working on extending our reach to object recognition for the past 2.5 years, using deep learning based approaches. We're thrilled to announce that we’ve reached an agreement to join forces with Google in order to deploy our work at scale. We expect the acquisition to be completed in the next few weeks.”
“Moodstocks is a team of engineers and researchers based in Paris, which is developing new algorithms for visual recognition and machine learning, and an image recognition technology and objects on mobile devices. So we agreed to Moodstocks acquire. We are delighted to welcome them to our center of R & D Paris”, said Vincent Simonet, Head of R & D center of France Google. (Read the blog post here)
The financial terms of the deal are yet to be disclosed.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance