13:21 28th Jun, 2016
Smartphones In India To Sport Eye-Verification Technology Soon
The utility of having to operate one's handset with eye-recognition technology will be a reality in India soon.
One of China's largest technology companies, TCL Corporation, is said to bring in a new technology for the Indian smartphone users which enables eye-verification. This would mean that users will be able unlock their phones with the help of biometric retina scans, which are unique to the user alone.
TCL would be selling its smartphones in over 170 countries, including India, in joint partnership with Alcatel, and will introduce the new handset in the country, during the 1st week of July this year.
The new device may sport a curved body design, 1.1 GHz processor, and will have generous offerings for selfie addicts.
However, the new technology of eye-verification is something unique in the industry today, and will allow users to unlock their phones by scanning their retina, which will be a much needed security feature for data confidentiality and privacy concerns. But, the information available to media has been limited thus far, and not much is known about the device.
According to market research firm IC Insights, TCL was ranked 10th in a list of the Top 12 companies, having sold the highest number of handsets worldwide, within the 1st quarter of the year. They are known for making other consumer electronics products, such as refrigerators, washing machines, air-conditioners, television sets, and mobile handsets as well.
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers
- LAVA Launches Z71 with Dedicated Google Assistant Key
- Detel launches Amaze – Truly Wireless Bluetooth Speaker in India
- Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ crosses One million users
- Fujifilm India unfold its innovation prowess by showcasing Photo Imaging Product Portfolio at CEIF 2020
- DOLBY RAISES THE BAR FOR IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCES AT CES 2020
- Playshifu Announces New Augmented Reality Toys at CES 2020
- CES 2020: Haier Defines the Future of Smart Homes
- CES 2020: Audio-Technica Exhibits Its Truly Wireless Noise-Cancelling In-Ear and Exotic-Wood Audiophile Headphones