12:50 28th Jun, 2016
Twitter To Roll Out New Searchable #Stickers For Photos | TechTree.com
Twitter To Roll Out New Searchable #Stickers For Photos
#Stickers to act as visual hashtags to connect photos with others across the globe.
Twitter has announced #Stickers, a fun photo-editing tool that allows people to choose from hundreds of accessories, emojis, and props and stick them anywhere on photos they upload to Twitter. Any public Tweet containing a sticker is easily searchable and discoverable, creating a new visual spin on the hashtag; simply tapping on a sticker brings up a new timeline of Tweets from people around the world using that same sticker. Like hashtags on Twitter, #Stickers make it easy for people to explore a topic they're interested in, and join in on the public, global conversation.
"Millions of Tweets with photos are sent every day on Twitter, capturing the moments that the world is talking about," said Leslie Berland, CMO at Twitter. "#Stickers give people a fun way to add their own unique style to their photos, and connect them with others around the world. By making stickers searchable like hashtags, we're enabling the best of Twitter: making it easy for people to create conversations around events and experiences that are happening right now."
When editing a photo, a library of stickers will be available across several categories, including Accessories, Animals, Food, Technology and Flags, among others. The Featured category will highlight Live Stickers tied to world events, holidays or other themes, making it easy for people to join in on timely conversations. #Stickers can be resized, rotated and placed anywhere on a photo. A timeline of Tweets using a specific sticker is easily accessible by tapping on that sticker within any photo on Twitter.
The feature is rolling out over the coming weeks on Twitter for iOS and Android. #Stickers will be viewable across Twitter.com and in syndication.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals