12:09 23rd Jun, 2016
Slimmer And More Powerful - Amazon’s Kindle Gets A Nifty Upgrade
The e-reader’s diet plan has clearly been a resounding success.
The Amazon Kindle e-reader has revolutionised reading habits the world over- probably saved them too. Now the device has shed the excess weight (there’s still a bit of summer left to enjoy) while doubling the amount of RAM.
The upgraded version now boasts 512 MB of RAM, along with a couple of new features. Export Notes, for instance, allows you to send notes and highlights to yourself via email and Bluetooth audio, which accesses the VoiceView content reader without requiring an adaptor. A new personalised home screen and updates to the reader’s Chinese offering are also part of the upgrade.
The new Kindle now also has a rounded back for a better in-hand fit while reading. It is available in both black as well as white. The higher-end, front-lit PaperWhite is available in white as well. Its price remains the same as its predecessor- USD 79 for WiFi with Special Offers, USD 99 without. You can pre-order now, with shipping starting in the next two weeks.
I’m sure why you’re still reading this instead of placing your order, actually.
TAGS: Amazon Kindle
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens