10:14 23rd Jun, 2016
Yahoo Radar: A Travel Guide App With Chat-Bot Like Assistant
Yahoo’s assistant will help you out planning for your next trip.
Yahoo's latest mobile app aims at helping you browse more than just the Internet environment. Radar, which has been launched recently for iOS, acts as your "virtual travel guide" by using machine learning and artificial intelligence to offer additional recommendations, reviews for your next destination.
The interesting thing about Radar is that it taps into your email inbox to surface your previous trip information including flight, hotel and rental car reservations and then organizes this in the app on your behalf. With this data on hand, the app is at par with other travel utilities as well as some big shots like Google Now, as it can send you notifications about flight delays, cancellations directly.
One thing is that you don’t even need to have a Yahoo email address to use Yahoo radar.
Yahoo explained that some prioritization takes place to ensure that higher quality sources are surfaced. The recommendations are derived from the company’s machine learning and A.I. and will eventually adapt to learn your preferences. Radar is still in its infancy and with these techniques it will soon become better.
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers
- LAVA Launches Z71 with Dedicated Google Assistant Key
- Detel launches Amaze – Truly Wireless Bluetooth Speaker in India
- Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ crosses One million users
- Fujifilm India unfold its innovation prowess by showcasing Photo Imaging Product Portfolio at CEIF 2020
- DOLBY RAISES THE BAR FOR IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCES AT CES 2020