10:14 23rd Jun, 2016
Yahoo Radar: A Travel Guide App With Chat-Bot Like Assistant
Yahoo’s assistant will help you out planning for your next trip.
Yahoo's latest mobile app aims at helping you browse more than just the Internet environment. Radar, which has been launched recently for iOS, acts as your "virtual travel guide" by using machine learning and artificial intelligence to offer additional recommendations, reviews for your next destination.
The interesting thing about Radar is that it taps into your email inbox to surface your previous trip information including flight, hotel and rental car reservations and then organizes this in the app on your behalf. With this data on hand, the app is at par with other travel utilities as well as some big shots like Google Now, as it can send you notifications about flight delays, cancellations directly.
One thing is that you don’t even need to have a Yahoo email address to use Yahoo radar.
Yahoo explained that some prioritization takes place to ensure that higher quality sources are surfaced. The recommendations are derived from the company’s machine learning and A.I. and will eventually adapt to learn your preferences. Radar is still in its infancy and with these techniques it will soon become better.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance