14:04 21st Jun, 2016
Flipkart Shuts Ping And Image Search
Ping was a feature that added social elements to Flipkart's platform.
Flipkart is replacing a social shopping feature that allowed users to reach out to friends and family on its mobile app with one that now allows seller customer interaction.
The decision to shut down Ping, the social chat as well as another link that allowed customers to search through images, less than year after both features were launched is mainly due to low customer interest in both products said a spokesman of the company.
"After 25th June, 2016 users will not be able to chat with their friends or family on Ping but will be able to browse through their existing chats on the app," a company statement said. "Customers will continue to be able to share any messages or products through any social media platform of their choice.
Interestingly, Snapdeal also had launched a similar chat-based model to allow sellers to connect with buyers through 'Shopo'.
Flipkart said "This new feature will help users to chat with the sellers about their product related queries, prior to even buying the final product. The pilot which started with a limited set of sellers initially, will be expanded to more sellers in the due course of the project."
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers
- LAVA Launches Z71 with Dedicated Google Assistant Key
- Detel launches Amaze – Truly Wireless Bluetooth Speaker in India
- Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ crosses One million users
- Fujifilm India unfold its innovation prowess by showcasing Photo Imaging Product Portfolio at CEIF 2020
- DOLBY RAISES THE BAR FOR IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCES AT CES 2020