10:33 21st Jun, 2016
IIFA Awards 2016 To Be Exclusive On VOOT
The association cements the value of VOOT being a formidable player among Indian OTT content providers.
VOOT by Viacom18, has announced its partnership with India’s most awaited and celebrated film celebration – IIFA 2016. This strategic alliance with the International Indian Film Academy is in line with VOOT’s promise of bringing differentiated and engaging content to its digital audience.
With IIFA 2016 ready to take off later this month in Madrid, VOOT is gearing up to converge the younger generation who are getting their TV entertainment from Internet-connected devices with the razzmatazz of this Bollywood extravaganza.
Speaking about the association, Gaurav Gandhi, COO, Viacom18 Digital Ventures said, “We are delighted to partner with IIFA to bring the biggest Bollywood Awards extravaganza to the digital audiences In India. Within a very short period, VOOT has already emerged as a go-to online destination for the biggest TV shows, Kids content and Digital Originals (VOOT Originals). With this association with IIFA, which already enjoys a massive fan following in India, we are further strengthening our Bollywood proposition as well. Viewers in India will now be able to stream all IIFA 2016 Awards, IIFA Rocks and related content on their mobile and computer screens on-demand and this will be available exclusively on VOOT."
Sabbas Joseph, Director, Wizcraft International said “IIFA is all about celebrating Indian Cinema and bringing a grand cinematic experience to fans in India and across the world. Within a short span of time VOOT has forged its prominence in the digital entertainment world and we are delighted to be partnering with them for IIFA 2016. The partnership will not only magnify the IIFA experience for its Indian fans – with the content now being available on-demand across screens, but it will also increase IIFA’s overall reach to a newer audience base that prefers to consume content primarily on their digital devices.”
IIFA 2016 hosts the most spectacular celebrity weekend where the stars and their fans converge together in Madrid, Spain. The highlights of the celebrations are the Videocon d2h IIFA Weekend and the Nexa IIFA Awards powered by LeEco. The entire event is organized and produced by Wizcraft International Entertainment.
Hosted by Shahid Kapoor and Farhan Akhtar, the star-studded event will showcase scintillating performances by the country's foremost heartthrobsSalman Khan, Hrithik Roshan, Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone, Sonakshi Sinha, Tiger Shroff and many more. VOOT will help all Bollywood aficionados to watch them up close and personal on their preferred screens.
Amongst all Indian OTT players, VOOT, in a very short span, already has the most amount of original content.VOOT is available for free on iOS, Android and web and delivered over mobile and WiFi networks.
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-